Our publication, The Importance of Industry-Based Certifications, NCSCA, 2019 – Provides recommendations for quality standards to be used in developing and evaluating certification programs related to supply chain automation.
Available Certification Programs
- Certified Technician-Supply Chain Automation (MSSC CT-SCA): This industry standards-based certification for this new occupation is based upon a definition of "supply chain technician" developed by the National Center for Supply Chain Technology Education: A person who installs, operates, supports, upgrades or maintains the automated material handling equipment and systems which support the supply chain. Read the Certified Automation Technician Skills Standards document here.
- Certified Logistics Technician (MSSC CLT): The purpose of the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)® certification program is to recognize through certification, individuals who demonstrate mastery of the core competencies of material handling at the front-line (entry-level to front-line supervisor) through successful completion of the certification assessments. The goal of the CLT certification program is to raise the level of performance of logistics technicians both to assist the individuals in finding higher-wage jobs and to help employers ensure their workforce increases the company’s productivity and competitiveness.
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Technician (SMRP): The Certified Maintenance & Reliability Technician (CMRT) program is a credentialing program for the knowledge, skills and abilities of maintenance and reliability technicians. The certification assesses the knowledge and skills of those responsible for preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance – multi-skilled individuals who play a critical role in the success of organizations worldwide. Earning the CMRT credential indicates that you have achieved a level of ability consistent with the requirements for competence on the job as a multi-skilled maintenance and reliability technician.
- Mechatronics Certification Program (PMMI): The PMMI Mechatronics program helps move manufacturing forward by providing employers, schools and potential workers the tools needed to advance the workforce and close the ever-expanding skills gap. Certification tests are based on industry-developed standards and are recognized by the Manufacturing Institute’s Skills Certification System. Through a series of tests based on industry-developed skill standards, the PMMI Mechatronics Certification program: helps employers assess workers for core skills; guides schools in developing curriculum to prepare students for the manufacturing workforce; and provides a career pathway for students looking for rewarding careers in advanced manufacturing.
- Mechatronics Systems Certification Programs (Siemens): NC3 Certification Programs: The international, industry standard certification in mechatronic systems uses Siemens’ hands-on teaching and troubleshooting methods, the Systems Approach, to increase the employability of students and decrease onboarding time of new hires. Under the systems approach, students learn about the complexities of the system in a holistic fashion. This allows them to easily transfer their knowledge to other systems, resulting in flexible and autonomous employees. Siemens works with partner schools in 16 countries to train faculty that implement the program locally, and offer certification examinations to students. With three levels of certification – Assistant, Associate, and Professional – the Siemens Mechatronics Systems Certification helps prepare workers for the future of industry.
- NC3 Certification Programs: The National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3) is a 501(c)(3) network of education institutions and global corporations that, together, embody passion for innovative CTE models and produce a sustainable, highly-skilled workforce. NC3 was established to help build a workforce prepared to meet the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s industries by connecting employers and educational intuitions in synergistic partnerships that foster effective training, elevation of skilled careers, and employment opportunities. To fulfill this mission, NC3 builds deep industry-educational partnerships and develops, implements and sustains industry-recognized portable certifications built on national skills standards. Organized in 2009, NC3 is funded through community and technical college memberships and industry contributions. NC3 and its global partners offer certifications across numerous industries including transportation, building trades, advanced manufacturing, energy, safety, welding, STEM, aviation, and agriculture.